Greetings from Western Australia

G

Hello from Perth, Western Australia.

Myself and some friends spent a few days in Kaiserslautern, both for the Aussie group match v Japan as well as the knock-out round v Italy.

We found K-Town to be the most friendly from all the cities we visited throughout germany and everyone in your town should be congratulated for their efforts during the World Cup.

I have one request for you guys;

on the night of the match germany v argentina (i think it was) we were next to a group of FCK supporters in a bar near the fanfest and they were great fun, singing and chanting all night.

one song in particular was quite funny and i would like to steal it and translate into english.(i speak a bit of german)

the song went something like;

wir haben die schuhe in der hand, keiner weiss warum, scheisse sind wir dumm?

..or something lke that.....

anyway if that's one of your chants please let me know the full version if possible.

here in perth we are supporters of Perth Glory (australian A-League)

and our site is www.gloryboys.net

cheers, and good luck to 1 FCK next season.

Tom

Cheers, mate! I'm sure someone here can help you with the song (I'm not one for singing). Glad to hear you liked the Palatinate area!

Hi and welcome

lord of the ring fan?
default_icon_smile.gif

i m glad to hear you like kaiserslautern. but i don t know the song either.

doesn't sound like a typical supporter song:smile:

welcome tommy!

i think its that song

"54 74 90 2006 (now 2010), ja so stimmen wir alle ein, mit dem herz in der hand und der leidenschaft im bein, werden wir weltmeister sein"

check your PN
default_smile.png

greetz

welcome tommy!

i think its that song

"54 74 90 2006 (now 2010), ja so stimmen wir alle ein, mit dem herz in der hand und der leidenschaft im bein, werden wir weltmeister sein"

check your PN
default_smile.png

greetz

War auch mein erster Gedanke. aber da muss er ja komplett alles falsch verstanden haben. Glaub ich irgendwie nicht.

hrhr, no no, it's an other song. it's no regular song, but everyone was singing strange lyrics on soccer melodies this time.
default_biggrin.png

the song you mean has just a few lines...

keine schuhe

keiner weiß warum

keine schuhe

scheiße sind wir dumm

which means

no shoes

no one knows why

no shoes

fuck, are we stupid

i think you can find words which fit better for a rhyme and in better english
default_wink.png

many greetings to australia, hope to see ya again, maybe 2018 in australia.
default_wink.png

hrhr, no no, it's an other song. it's no regular song, but everyone was singing strange lyrics on soccer melodies this time.
default_biggrin.png

the song you mean has just a few lines...

keine schuhe

keiner weiß warum

keine schuhe

scheiße sind wir dumm

which means

no shoes

no one knows why

no shoes

fuck, are we stupid

i think you can find words which fit better for a rhyme and in better english
default_wink.png

many greetings to australia, hope to see ya again, maybe 2018 in australia.
default_wink.png

You sing it with the melody from "Yellow Submarine".

I got a lot of customers living in Kaiserslautern (aka K´town)and everyone talking about you australian people with brilliance in their eyes an goose bumps at their arms. Hope to see you 2014 at the Worldcup in Australia- some friend of mine and me would come down under.

Sorry for my english
default_wink.png

thanks for all the responses!

yes doener, that's the shoe song at the very end of the video but it's pretty hard to hear unfortunately.....

are you sure it's another team, there were at least 20 fans in the bar in kaiserslautern doing the shoe song and i'm pretty sure they were locals.

in any case, we were all impressed by their reportoire and enthusiasm and even the girls were joining in most of the songs. We gained a lot of respect for FCK fans that night.

btw once i finish my compilation of video and pics of our time in KL i'll post a lik here as well.

hehe, yes, the video doener postet was taken in frankfurt and...well...there are just a few things fck and frankfurt have in common
default_wink.png

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The user "AstraNick" and me enjoined the match Australie vs. Japan, too.

It was a great match. And the australian supporters after the match in the city of Kaiserslautern were great, too
default_smile.png

ja, lass mich doch außen vor, babbsack.
default_biggrin.png

glad you enjoyed your time here

maybe we'll see you and your mates on a regular season match in kaiserslautern
default_wink.png

take care

die FIFA-Volunteers...
default_icon_rolleyes.gif
hab dich mal auf der WM-Meile gesehen, konnte dein Gesicht aber erst später zuordnen...
default_biggrin.png

English guys, English please ...
default_wink.png

Even if it's a conversation between yourselves :>

Absolutely right!

Welcome tommybombadil!

I'm glad you found the long way all around the net to our forum - and of course you enjoyed your time in Germany, especially in K-Town.

default_wink.png

Welcome tommybombadil!

Good to hear that Aussies enjoyed their time in Germany, we also had fun with you guys!

I spent some time in Australia and enjoyed that very much! Next time I come over I'll hopefully visit Perth and maybe it's just the right time to see a match.
default_icon_smile.gif

our season starts august 26...we are away to queensland roar...

but just to give people and idea of the distances, our closest rivals are adelaide and if we got on the train on wednesday lunchtime we'd arrive in adelaide on friday morning.

queensland is even further but we also hold the world record for travel in a domestic league when we play the New Zealand Knights. It's an 8 hour flight and we cross 4 timezones.....
default_smile.png

Wow, that must be hard. Are there many fans travelling that far to away matches?

Oben